I really have a fondness for any kind of apple-based desserts and this Apple Yogurt Cake is really easy to make.
It contains three ingredients that I love to use (apples, yogurt, and olive oil) which make a healthy and delicious moist cake fit for any time of day.
Apple Yogurt Cake
- 2 organic apples (I like Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious)
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml plain yogurt
- 80 ml olive oil
- 250 g flour (or 200 g flour + 50 g almond flour)
- 125 g cane sugar (or regular sugar)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven at 380 F.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, yogurt, and olive oil.
- In another bowl mix the flour, the baking powder, and sugar. Then add the liquid mix from the other bowl and mix just enough to blend the flour.
- Peel (if it is not organic) and core the apples, and chop into chunks about ½-inch across. Add them to the batter and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a buttered round cake pan.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 min depending on your oven or until the tip of a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Let the cake cool on a rack before removing from the cake pan.
Adapted from http://artichautetcerisenoire.fr/2015/09/gateau-au-kefir-et-pommes-du-jardin/
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Lolo alias The Brother
ça c’est super bon !
j’aurais rajouté quelques noix dedans … c’était ma remarque … à la noix 😉
Tu peux mettre des noix si tu en as envie Lolo mais la je voulais un gateau a l’etat brut uniquement avec des pommes 😉
Going to make tonight. Sounds good
Great thank you!
My husband loves apple cakes of any sort but sorry he thought this one was dry. I added rum over the top in hope to moisten it up, it was better but, no cigar?
Sorry won’t make this again
Linda, I am very sorry that you got a bad experience with this recipe. I have been brainstorming on what might have cause the cake to be dry. Could you tell me what kind of yogurt you used? I am using plain yogurt from Stonyfield. Normally the combination of yogurt and olive oil is suppose to insure that the cake is moist (see picture slice). Also the cooking time is based on my gas oven. Again sorry that your husband did not like it because at our home this cake does not last long with our two boys.