Buckwheat crêpes with mushrooms ham béchamel sauce is a classic popular french combination that you can even find in a frozen aisle of any grocery store in France.
It takes a little time to prepare but definitely worth it. It is delicious!
The béchamel sauce is a white sauce made from a roux (same quantity of butter and flour) in which you add milk. This classic base sauce is used in many recipes (croque-monsieur, gratin, lasagna…).
Buckwheat Crêpes with Mushrooms, Ham and Béchamel
- 8 Buckwheat Crêpes
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- salt, pepper
- 4 thick slices of ham cut in dices
- Swiss Cheese
For Bechamel sauce:
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon white flour
- 350 ml milk
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
Make Béchamel sauce:
- Warm the milk in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Melt butter in another saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir until smooth and the mixture turns to a light sandy color.
- Add the warm milk to the butter mixture and whisk continuously until very smooth (make an 8 figure with the whisk). Bring to a boil to thicken the sauce. Reduce to low heat and let it cook 5 min (stirring from time to time). Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet. Cook the mushrooms for a few minutes until the liquid evaporates. Put salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dice the ham.
- Put the mushrooms and ham in the béchamel sauce and mixed together. Set aside.
For assembling the crêpes:
- Preheat oven at 360F.
- Take one crêpe put mushrooms, ham, and bechamel sauce on it. Add some Swiss Cheese. Roll up the crêpe and put on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Do the same with the other crêpes.
- Melt a little bit of butter and brush all the crêpes. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Put this in the oven for 10-15mn until the crêpes are lightly golden. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply