This vitamin carrot soup with orange awakens your taste buds with its tangy taste. It is a perfect light and healthy appetizer for a lunch or dinner.
You can substitute the carrots with butternut squash. It is good, too!
I like sometimes to add a swirl of cream and sprinkle coriander.
Carrot soup with orange
- 1 leek finely cut
- 1 lbs carrots cut into strips
- 1 medium potatoe cut in dices
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 300 ml orange juice
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- In a large sauce pan, warm some olive oil and add the leek and the carrots, stirring frequently.
- When the leek is tender, add the potato, the coriander and the cumin. Then add the orange juice, the broth, and the bay leaf.
- Bring everything to a boil and reduce the heat. Cover and let cook during 40 min. The vegetables must be tender.
- Let the soup cool and puree until the texture is smooth. Add salt and pepper. Put more broth if necessary.
- Warm and divide into bowls. Put a little bit of cream or yogurt and sprinkle each serving with cilantro if you like.