This post is also available in: Français
Christmas is coming fast and I just made my batch of Coconut Spritz with some slight changes from the original recipe
After doing the Coconut Spritz by hand with my cookie press for years, I finally gave in and bought the meat grinder for my Kitchen Aid where I can put the special end piece that I ordered in France during this summer. This is definitely a good investment and a lifesaver, as I double my production in less time which is great with my greedy family.
- 300 g butter (at room temperature)
- 250 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 400 g flour
- 100 g almond flour
- 200 g unsweetened coconut shredded
- 2 tablespoon Rhum or Kirsch alcohol
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar then add the whole eggs (one by one).
- Gradually add the flour, the almond flour, the baking powder, the coconut, and the Rhum. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the spritz formed in shape of sticks or in an "S" shape. To achieve the original shapes of these cookies I used the Kitchen Aid with the meat grinder to which I adapted a special end piece in star shape
- Cook the spritz at 360 F for 12 -15 minutes until lightly golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply