Cranberry Pumpkin Bread has become one of our favorite fall treats. It is a little sweet with a tangy taste and smells delicious in the kitchen with its pumpkin spices.
It is perfect anytime for breakfast, the kids’ lunch box, snacks…
With this recipe, you can make one big loaf or even two small pumpkin breads or muffins.
Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Allspice ground*
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ½ cup oil or ¼ cup oil + ¼ cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries chopped (or whole)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (except cranberries): flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, eggs then add gradually the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are well-mixed, then add the cranberries.
- Spread evenly in a loaf pan. Bake 1 to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire racks for 10 minutes then remove carefully to wire racks to cool completely.