After 3 years of not seeing my family, I traveled to eastern (Metz) and southwestern (Bordeaux and Arcachon Bay) France this summer. I am back in the U.S.A. with my head full of memories and my palate satisfied with so much good food and drinks!
Today I am writing about a cooking method that I discovered from my mother in law. She often exclaimed how happy she was with her Granite Ware roaster. What is incredible is that this product is made in the U.S. and I did not know about it.
Finally, I gave in and bought it. I made this Melted Red Pepper Chicken recipe. To my surprise, the chicken was well roasted, really moist, and juicy. The vegetables were soft, almost melting in my mouth, and full of flavor.
What I like using this cooking method is that the preparation was short and once in it, you can forget about it because this cooks slowly with the steam inside so you do not need to turn it or baste with pan juice and no oven cleaning after which is really great.
Melted Red Pepper Chicken in Granite Ware Roaster
- 1 organic chicken
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 to matoes
- 3 garlic cloves (do not remove the skin)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 spring of thymes or oregano
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Espelette pepper or cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat oven at 355 F.
- Cut the onion, tomatoes, and red pepper in cubes and put them in the Granite Ware roaster. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, the unpeeled garlic cloves, olive oil, wine vinegar, herbs and a little bit of black pepper. Mix well together.
- In a bowl, mix paprika, Espelette pepper or cayenne pepper, a little salt and black pepper. Thoroughly coat the chicken (inside and outside) with this mix and put the chicken on the vegetables.
- Put the lid on the Granite Ware roaster and cook for 1 hour 30.
- Remove the chicken, cut it into pieces and place them on the melted red peppers.
- Serve with rice or any grain, cereal such as quinoa, couscous, bulgur...
This recipe is awesome. Easy to make and so delicious !!
You can increase the amount of onions and red peppers. They are meltingly soft 🙂