Besides my Asparagus Lemon Pesto, Sweet Pea Pesto is another great type of pesto that my family enjoys. We love its brightened color and sweet creamy taste.
I like to mix this Sweet Pea Pesto with pasta and add pieces of grilled chicken. This pesto is great as a dip or on any grilled bread and perfect with any grilled fish.
Sweet Pea Pesto Pasta
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet peas
- 1 garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- a few leaves of fresh herbs such as basil, Italian parsley, thyme...
- ¼ cup olive oil, or more as desired
- salt, pepper
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the sweet peas until they are tender but not overcooked (3-4 min.).
- Put the cooked peas in the food processor.
- Add your favorite pasta in the salted water and cook them "al dente" according to the instructions on the package.
- In the food processor put the rest of the ingredients: garlic, zest, juice of lemon, the fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. Blend the ingredients until the texture starts to become smooth. Then, gradually add the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain them well, and put the pasta in the bowl. Add the sweet pea pesto. Mixed well.
- Serve the pasta in the plate and add Parmesan or Pecorino Romano.