In our home, we love to eat zucchinis in a main or side dish and are not very familiar with eating them in a sweet treat.
I was looking for a new recipe to use my last zucchinis and found this tempting Zucchini Oat Nut Chocolate cookies recipe.
After baking these cookies I can tell that they taste like zucchini bread. In fact, we do not feel the taste of the zucchinis at all, zucchinis give a cake-like texture to the cookies.
I will definitely make them again as we all enjoy eating them.
Zucchini Oat Nut Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini (from about 1 - 1 ½ medium)
- 1 ½ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (pecan, walnuts, hazelnuts...)
- 1 cup Bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Put parchment paper on baking sheets.
- Shred zucchini and squeeze out all the juice in your hands so that the batter will not be too wet.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar in large mixer bowl until well combined. Add egg and vanilla extract, beat well. Add zucchini; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, nuts, and chocolate chips. Place the dough onto prepared baking sheets one tablespoon at a time.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply