This post is also available in: Français
For breakfast, I really enjoy this simple hot Apple Oatmeal Spices Porridge.
It is comforting, healthy, filling, and easy to digest in the morning. It only requires a small chunk of time (less than 20 minutes) and few ingredients to make it 🙂
I found that the addition of grated apple in this Apple Oatmeal Spices Porridge really gives a nice texture and crunch that I enjoy. Topping the hot oat mix with the apple perfectly softens the grated apple.
The cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom spice mix is a healthy combo that I love.
Sometimes I like to add a big spoonful of plain yogurt in my porridge. But before doing that I always wait at least five minutes so as not to kill the beneficial yogurt cultures.
Of course, feel free to enjoy this Apple Oatmeal Spices Porridge with more fruits that you like or have on hand (slice of bananas, raspberries, blueberries, nuts to name a few). However, I really like to keep my porridge simple and limit the sweetness. In fact, I am not a sweet tooth.
This recipe is just enough for one serving, but sometimes my husband and/or my teenagers want some too. In that case, you can easily double or triple the recipe.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Apple Oatmeal Spices Porridge 🍎🥣
- 8 oz milk of choice (or half milk and half water)
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamon powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- ½ to 1 apple, depending on the size grated (if organic, leave unpeeled)
- maple syrup or honey, to your liking
- On the stove, bring water and milk to a light boil in a small saucepan. Add cinnamon, ginger, and cardamon. Whisk.
- Add oats. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time with a spoon.
- Meanwhile, in the serving bowl, grate the apple, add chia seeds (optional).
- Pour the hot oat all over the grated apple. Let sit for 5 minutes so the grated apple softens a little bit and chia seeds absorb some liquid.
- Add maple syrup or honey to your liking. Still well before eating.
Leave a Reply