This post is also available in: Français
These Apricot Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are really addictive. Every time I make them for school, neighbors, and my husband’s co-workers, I always get so many compliments.
They are healthy and not too sugary. The old-fashioned rolled oats give them a nice texture and the dark chocolate more “gourmandise”! These soft and chewy cookies are favorites in our family.
People who have tasted them have a hard time identifying the little orange dried fruit that is inside. Apparently, they are not familiar with apricots, but everyone enjoys the little tangy-sweet taste of my Apricot Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
Trust me it is hard to resist not eating more after the first one… You have been warned!
OTHER COOKIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Spiced Pumpkin Cookies
- Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- Zucchini Oat Nut Chocolate Cookies
- French Christmas Sablés – Sablés de Noël
- Coconut Spritz
Apricot Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup old-fashionned rolled oats
- ½ cup dried apricots chopped in 4
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- With a hand mixer or a stand mixer using a paddle attachment, cream the butter and the two sugars until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- On low, mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Add the rolled oats, apricots, and chocolate chips. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- On a cookie sheet place parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Add one tablespoon of dough at a time using a cookie scoop (recommended) or two tablespoons. Leave enough space between them so they can spread nicely.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly golden on the edges but still soft in the center.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven with gloves. Let cool before putting them on a wire rack. They will quickly harden.
- Repeat with the remaining dough. You can reuse the same sheet of parchment paper each time.
Leave a Reply