This post is also available in: Français
At my local Whole Foods Market, I found a medley of wild-caught seafood and came across this idea to make this colorful Easy Sheet Pan Seafood Medley, Vegetables, and Rice.
It is an easy and complete dish in which seafood, vegetables, and rice are all cooked together on a single baking sheet.
I added a few more shrimps because we love them, peas for the bright color, and some leftover prosciutto.
My family enjoyed this flavorful Easy Sheet Pan Seafood Medley, Vegetables, and Rice with saffron and smoked paprika. It may look like a Paella, but its taste and ingredients are quite different!
Easy Sheet Pan Seafood Medley, Vegetables, and Rice
- 1 cup Arborio Rice or any round and short rice
- 2 ½ cup seafood broth or clam juice
- 1 teaspoon saffron powder or saffron thread (2 g)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (2-3), chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes, drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup green peas, defrosted (optional)
- 20 shrimp with the tail (medium), peeled and deveined
- 1 lb seafood medley (wild-caught), defrosted from Whole Food (see the picture in instructions)
- prosciutto ( 2 slices) diced, chorizo (4 oz), or smoked sausage (4 oz), cut into thin slices (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
- 1 lemon cut in slices or wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly oil a baking sheet pan and spread the rice in a single layer. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan bring to a simmer 2 ½ cup of either seafood broth or clam juice. Mixed in saffron, paprika, garlic, shallot, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Remove the baking sheet pan from oven and pour over the rice the hot broth, stiring well. Carefully reinsert the sheet pan into the oven, topped with an inverted sheet pan or cover (not too tightly) with aluminum foil and bake until the rice is cooked through and most of the liquid has been absorbed about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat well the defrosted seafood medley and shrimps. Add salt, pepper, a little bit of olive oil and toss together.
- Remove the baking sheet pan from oven and stir in the tomatoes, peppers, green peas, prosciutto, and chorizo or smoked sausage (optional) into the rice. With a wooden spoon, spread the rice and vegetables in a single layer. Scatter all the seafood evenly by squeezing them lightly into the rice so they can soak the flavors of the dish. Bake uncovered for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish with lemon and parsley. Bring the whole sheet pan to the table for serving.
Leave a Reply