This post is also available in: Français
For lunch, my son and I wanted a wrap. We came up with this Grilled Vegetable Wrap with Greek Yogurt Sauce idea. It turned out to be a delicious healthy vegetarian Mediterranean-style dish, complete with the refreshing garlicky mint Greek yogurt sauce.
This recipe did not take too long to make. We grilled some eggplant, red pepper, red onion, and chickpea in separate pans. I added a touch of Garam Masala spice on the chickpea for a nice warm aroma.
For the yogurt sauce, we kept this simple and used some Greek yogurt whole milk plain 5% Chobani for creaminess, add some lemon juice, garlic, fresh mint, salt, and pepper.
We used some organic whole wheat tortilla from Costco but a flatbread also works. We spread the Greek yogurt sauce top with the grilled veggie and voilà! We got a yummy light homemade vegetarian wrap!
Grilled Vegetable Wrap with Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 4 whole wheat tortilla organic or flat bread (7-8 inches diameter)
To make grilled veggies:
- 2 small eggplants, cut in 2 by length, then cut each half in 2, and slice each piece in ¼ inch
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely diced
- 1 red onion, coarsely diced
- ¼ cup chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
- salt, pepper (to taste)
To make the Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt whole milk plain Chobani 5%
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 7-10 fresh mint leaves (depending on taste), finely cut
- salt, pepper (to taste)
- In a medium pan, put some olive oil, add eggplant sliced, salt, and pepper. Stir in time to time, and cook until soft and lightly brown (about 10 min.).
- In another medium pan, put some olive oil, add red bell pepper coarsely diced, red onions, salt, and pepper. Stir from time to time, and cook until soft and lightly brown (about 10 min.).
- Meanwhile, prepare the Greek yogurt sauce by mixing all the ingredients (yogurt, garlic, fresh mint, lemon, salt, and pepper to taste).
- When the eggplant and pepper are cooked mixed them together in one of the pan and set aside.
- Take the empty pan and put a little bit of oil. When it is hot, add the chickpea (well drained!), sprinkle Garam Masala, and mix well so everything is coated. Cooked them a few minutes until lightly browned. Then add them to the cooked veggies. Mixed all.
- Put a clean pan on a medium heat. When it is hot, use it to warm each side of the tortilla or flatbread.
- On each tortilla or flatbread put some yogurt sauce, spread evenly with a spoon. Add some grilled veggies on the middle into a log and roll into a wrap.