This post is also available in: Français
If you’re looking for a tasty way to use your summer zucchini, this light and savory Zucchini Ricotta and Goat Cheese Tart is for you.
The mix of ricotta, goat cheese, garlic, and basil deliciously enhances the mild flavor of the thin layer of zucchini.
This vegetarian Zucchini Ricotta and Goat Cheese Tart is my new favorite for this summer, perfect for a light meal or potluck. You can enjoy it hot or cold, with a salad on the side!
I have to confess that I was a little lazy this time. I bought a puff pastry from the store to try. Next time I will opt for my Pie Crust (Pâte Brisée) instead. In my savory tarts, I much prefer its light, crispy texture and how it doesn’t crumble after cooking. What about you?
MORE SUMMERY TART YOU’LL LOVE:
- Classic French Tomato and Mustard Tart🍅
- Eggplant Tomato Mozzarella Tart
- Sardine and Eggplant Tart
- Ratatouille and Anchovy Tart 🍅🍆🐟
- Spinach and goat cheese Tart
Zucchini Ricotta and Goat Cheese Tart
- 1 tart pan (11 inches)
- 1 pâte brisée or puff pastry
- 2 zucchini* (small) finely sliced with a knife or mandoline
- 150 g ricotta
- 50 g fresh goat cheese crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 10 basil leaves and more for serving chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Unroll the pie crust and precisely fit it in a tart pan (11 inches). Poke the dough all over with a fork. Then put the pie in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut the zucchini into fine slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, and goat cheese. Add the garlic, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Take your tart pan from the fridge. Evenly spread the cheese mixture into the tart. Put the zucchini slices evenly in a circle on top of the cheese mixture, overlapping them slightly.
- Lightly season the top of the zucchini with salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the crust is lightly golden and the zucchini are cooked.
- Remove the tart from the oven, sprinkle fresh basil, and let it cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy with a salad on the side.
Leave a Reply